Thursday 27 September 2012

Cavalli,Pucci and Fendi



Roberto Cavalli
Ok, so I know it's wrong but I'm kind of in love with the slashed leather flares at Cavalli. Maybe it was the way they were effortlessly styled with intricately cut leather dresses in sorbet shades of pink and  lime, or maybe I'm having a style relapse - who knows?! In fact it was all about the lazer cut for Cavalli's S/S offering.   Cool pastel shades of  leather, accents of  neon and lace trimmed necklines created a soft, delicate, airy feel to the collection in complete contrast to the moodiness of FW. It's made me dream of hazy, palm fringed beaches and sipping fresh, cool mojitos, transporting me successfully from the current London gloom.



Emilio Pucci
This collection rocks - there's almost little more to be said!  In terms of channeling the orient, a theme adopted at many S/S shows, this has to be my favourite. In a removal from the rather disappointing collection from Prada (no I will not be investing in leather socks to wear with my sandals, however cool they're deemed by the fashion squad!) Pucci touched on the shapes and details of the orient rather then bombarding the catwalk with cliche. Collars were high and with toggle fastenings, which were also seen at the sides of box jackets, embroidery was kept subtle and tonal and silk bomber jackets were oversized and sporty. If you're going oriental this S/S my advice is to follow Pucci's lead and stick to subtle detailing in order to avoid looking like you work at your local Chinese restaurant!



Fendi
I'm craving a baggy leather pant at the moment (got my eye on a wine coloured pair that may yet make it into my winter wardrobe) and those in the top look caught my eye when scrolling through endless Milan shows.  Although colour blocking leather ain't really my thang, I do love the shape and cut of these, they're just the right amount of baggy for me and the cropped length keeps them flattering.  As for the rest of the collection I loved the tones and the boxy shapes and  as with Kane there's a definite vintage telephone wire moment happening here - time to invest in a bit of DIY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment